Humanistic Approach of learning : Carl Roger’s Theory of Experiential Learning:
- Vital to one’s progress & welfare
- Associated with an application of the acquired knowledge
- Learning psychological principles . Example Engines in order to repair a car.
- Learner centered.
- Cares for needs & wants of Learner.
Characteristics or qualities of experiential learning:
- Personal involvement of the learner.
- Self initiated
- Self evaluation
- Pervasive effect on a learner.
Rogers believe: Strength & potentialities of human beings. Human beings have a natural inclination for learning & a desire to grow & progress.
Role of the Teacher & the parents:
- To help children in their ingerent desire for personal change & growth.
- To care for & facilitate such learning which helps the children to grow & develop according to their requirements.
Objectives of experiential learning:
- To Arrange favourable & positive climate
- To help learners to have purpose / objectives of his/ her learning.
- To organize learning resources & making them available to the learners.
- Balancing intellectual & emotional components of learning.
- To share feelings & thoughts with learners in a democratic way.
Basic conditions facilitating learning:
- Self threat of learner is minimum.
- Learning resources & climate are in learners favour.
- Complete participation of learners, control its nature & direction.
- Self evaluation for progress & success.
- Realizes importance of learning
- Develops an openness as well as willingness to learn.
Experiential learning advocates:
- Humanistic & learner centered approach in classroom.
- To make learning process more humane.
- As per the needs & interest of the learners.
- Personal social growth and development
- Emphasizing more on application than on theory alone.